Faith is a crucial part of our relationship with God.
Without faith it is impossible to please God
Without faith we cannot believe in God.
Without faith we lose our conscience about sin.
Without faith we lose or vision
Faith makes it possible to trust, love, be inspired and forgive
Have you lost your faith lately or maybe you have noticed that you are struggling to keep your faith? Are the adversities of life that have been thrown at you making you second-guess everything?
I get it…we have all been there at some point and its likely that we will reach that point again and again in our lives. Sometimes life can get crazy, hectic, and down right stressful. It is easy to get swept away by the pressures of life and our crazy schedules.
It’s important to remember that, “…we were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It’s not just in some of us; it’s in everyone. As we let our own light shine, we subconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we’re liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”(Marianne Williamson).
At some point along the way we lose focus and God stops being at the forefront of our lives. We revert into taking control of our own lives instead of letting God lead our path.
When we take control of our own lives we stray off the path that God has set for us and we tend to lose faith in God because nothing is going right, or the way that we want it to go. This can be discouraging, however, if we trust and wait on the Lord and follow the path that he has created for us then we would see the glory of God manifested in our daily lives and our faith will increase. God will do exceedingly, abundantly, above all we can even ask or think. (Ephesians 3:20).
The Word of God says:
- Joshua 1:9
“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous, do not be terrified or discouraged for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go”. This verse should remind you that no matter where you go in life, God will be there with you every step of the way.
- Jeremiah 29:11
“For I know the plans I have for you…plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future” declares the Lord, “then you will call on me and come and pray to me, you will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart…” declares the Lord “and I will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile”. This verse reminds us not worry any part of our lives because God already has a divine plan for your life. We fall into a trap of consistent worry. We worry about what job we will get, who we will marry or why certain things happen in our life. It may be hard to believe, but our life is already planned out to the very last detail. From what we eat to whom we meet, everything is already planned out for us. There is no need to worry.
- Matthew 7:7-8
“Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened”. The importance of praying with a purpose cannot be understated. There is power in prayer. Nothing is out of God’s reach.
There is so much more that the Word of God says to us to encourage our faith and our walk with Christ…I’m sure I can write a book. But I just want to encourage you to let your faith be more powerful than your fear.
Is your faith low, lost, or misplaced? Then it is time to reclaim it! Here are some tips:
- Get back to praying everyday – Try and spend at least 5-10 minutes with God every day. Small steps to get you back on track – The power of prayer cannot be understated.
- Read the word – I know you hear this said a lot but you will find a lot of answers to everyday problems in the word of God – If you don’t know where to start, try the bible app – there are hundreds of plans that will help you get started.
- Write in your Journal – Get all your thoughts and feeling out of your head and your heart and put them on to paper. Free up space in your mind so that you are free to fill it up with positive thoughts.
- Try Positive affirmations, for example “My faith is more powerful then my fear”, “I am a conqueror”, “I can do all things through Christ”
- Recite the promises that God has made to you,
oRecite the promises that God has made to you. For example.
- To supply all my needs – Philippians 4:19.
- That His grace is sufficient me – 2 Corinthians 12:9
- That I will not be overtaken with temptation. Instead, He assures me that he will always provide a way of escape – 1 Corinthians 10:13.
- Victory over death. – I Corinthians 15:57.
- That all things work together for good to those who love and serve Him faithfully – Romans 8:28
- That I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me – Philippians 4:13
- God has promised me eternal life (John 10:27- 28). Live so that the promises of God will be yours.
- Make time for you! When we get overwhelmed and inundated with life we no longer have time for God. We have to remember ourselves in its entirety – sprit, mind, body – don’t forget to spend time taking care of your body and mind
- Remember faith without work is dead – so exercise your faith in all things – believe God – Hebrews 11:1 (and my favorite scripture)says, “Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen”