Well we are just over a week into 2019 and I hope it has been an amazing year so far for you.
I’m sure 2019 will be full of blessings, lessons, achievements and surprises!
That being said, here are 7 things to do today to ensure that 2019 really IS amazing:
- Get out of your comfort zone: we have talked about this before and I cannot stress it enough…comfort zones can become your prison, they keep you stuck and you are never able to grow or move forward. Break out of your comfort zone and step all the way out in order to achieve your goals! Yes, you might hate it at first but the outcome will be worth it!
- Stop settling: If you want to see change in your life you cannot keep doing the same old same old. Settling for mediocrity in your life has gotten you absolutely nowhere. You want more for your life and in 2019 you are going to get it but ONLY if you stop settling. You are not destined to live the same life as your ancestors; you can achieve so much more. You can break generational curses by introducing a series of “first” for your family. You can be the difference, the breakthrough, the success story!
- Identify what has been distracting you and face it head-on: You probably know who or what distracts you when it comes to achieving your goals. It could be procrastination, lack of knowledge, lack of finances etc. Identify those obstacles, come up with a game plan to break through them and minimize the distractions!
- Write the Vision down: We have already talked about the importance of writing down the vision in the last post and if you are like me, you have been writing away in your Reflect. Plan. Achieve eBook. I just have to reiterate – write the vision, lay-out your goals, break them into small achievable chunks, and track your progress.
- Set yourself up for success: Put your goals where you can see them do a vision board, post them on your walls, phones (make then your screensaver), mirror, fridges etc. Keep your vision in front of you at all times. See yourself as successful!
- Set backs will happen…it is okay: Remember, you are not perfect and life is not perfect. Things always do not go as planned and that is okay. As the saying goes, “If at first you don’t succeed, pick yourself up and try, try, try again”. The silver lining is that with every set back comes valuable lessons. Understand the lessons and apply them to your next steps.
- Consistency is Key: Remember do not stop once the “New Year, New Me” buzz wears off. Remember take small steps towards your goals every day and watch your success blossom!
Now that we are officially in 2019, if you feel like you are:
- tired of the same old, same old?
- ready to take your future into your hands?
- focused and ready to transform your mind?
- ready to plan, pray and slay?
Than grab your copy of the Reflect. Plan. Achieve. eBook here!
How do you plan to make your 2019 a year to remember? I invite you to share below.