Now that I’m back to my regularly scheduled posting let’s get straight into it.
I know that you guys have heard me ask this over and over on Instagram and Facebook and perhaps you are even getting tired of me asking this question, but I must ask – how are you doing with your 2019 goals?
We are eight weeks into 2019 and this is a great time to check in on all that you have written in your, ‘Reflect. Plan. Achieve.’ Book. I want to know if you have been consistent in working towards your goals or if your flame has started to die out.
At this time of the year you can easily get into your old self and this is when bad habits start to creep in. But don’t give up – this is when sister-love steps in. We don’t condemn each other we encourage each other. We are not all going to be strong at the same time. Some of us will need a nudge, some will need their hands held, and as for me I need a big ole’ push.
If you have started your year strong and somehow the flames that once excited you are becoming smothered with life’s happenings, it is OK. I am here to help you press forward until your flame is reignited.
It is my ultimate goal to help women transform their lives and walk boldly in their purpose.
Just call me your Destiny Helper.
I am going to push you from crawling to walking, from walking to running, until you see your purpose and walk boldly in your destiny without apology.
So, let’s start this blog series with the age ole’ question:
“What is stopping you?”
What’s stopping you from:
- Activating your gifts,
- Remembering who you are,
- Being confident in your calling, and
- Walking boldly in your purpose.
I know you, I was you…at some point along the way I too became stuck. I pushed my gifts to the side. I was busy with everything else and was still stuck going nowhere.
Yes, you put down your gift(s), you turned away from your calling and you took off sprinting in another direction. Perhaps it was because of fear, insecurity, a broken-heart, not understanding what to do next or never fully understanding who you are in the first place. But whatever the reason, we will figure it out together and I will help you move towards your purpose.
So let’s go back to the question:
“What is stopping you from activating your gifts, remembering who you are, being confident in your calling and walking boldly in your purpose?”
When I ask women the above questions, here are some of the answers that I get:
- I’m waiting till I feel ready,
- I don’t have enough money,
- I just do that as a hobby, I’m not serious about it.
- I’m busy I don’t have time,
- I tried once and it did not work,
- It’s not the right time,
- I’m too old/young,
- It may take too long,
- I don’t know how to do it/ I don’t know where to start,
- I don’t want people laughing at me or
- What will people think.
Sometimes, the answer is as simple as, “because, I can’t”.
Have you used any of these excuses as to why you are stuck where you are?
First and foremost, what I need you to know is that your gift, your calling, your purpose, does not belong to you, nor is it just for you.
God has a plan for your life! He has placed these things down on the inside of you for the betterment of His Kingdom!
Not only are you delaying your own progress, but you are also delaying the progress of the other people in the Kingdom of God who are connected to you. There are people (souls)that have been waiting for something that only you hold.
You need to understand that God has assigned people to your gifts, your calling and your purpose. So, if you do not walk in your purpose and walk in it boldly, there are some people who are attached to you that will never receive what they need.
Stop thinking this is all about you! This is bigger and far greater than anything that you could even imagine.
Do you know that all it takes for you not to pursue your purpose is a little doubt and fear? But we know that doubt and fear does not come from God. It comes from the adversary of our soul, the devil. The one who comes to kill, steal and destroy us. But remember, God comes to give life and in Him there is life forever more.
So, do not let the devil plant the seed of doubt in your mind? Often times we assist the devil by rehearsing the negative things that he brings to our mind. We rehearse our doubts, fears and negativity. Rehearsing the doubt, the fear and the negativity allows it to take root in your mind and in your spirit. One seed of doubt when rehearsed, will spring up like a weed, popping up in all different areas of our life. We tell ourselves we aren’t good enough, we aren’t smart enough, pretty enough or we say I am too young or my favourite, I am too old.
Well, let me just put this out there – stop assisting the devil in cutting you down.
Some of us need to go back to where we left our gifts and pick it up, go back to where we left our calling and put it on because that is who we are in God. Don’t you know that the gift and calling of God are without repentance. That means that God won’t change his mind about what He called you to do. Your purpose has been established by God before you were placed in your mother’s womb.
And this is why the Kingdom has need for you sis.
Your playing small does not serve this world. You are doing a disservice to yourself, you are doing a disservice to your community and you are doing a disservice to your God.
Now is the time for you to step out in FAITH believing that you can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens you – Philippians 4:13.
I mean cast your doubts aside and step out on faith. You only need to take the first step and God will surely guide you the rest of the way. And even if it gets dark along the way God promises to illuminate our path.
Stop being afraid to step out of your comfort zone.
Actually, I’m going to need some of you reading this right now to put your phone, tablet or laptop down and get up and BOLDLY declare that you are ready to walk in your calling and prophetically take a step.
So come on, get up, find a mirror and look at your reflection and repeat, “I am ready to walk boldly in my calling!” Then take a step forward. This step symbolises your willingness to follow the call of God on your life.
So, step baby, step!
God has need for you. They bible tells us that your gift(s) will make room for you. Well I can attest to that. My gift has open up doors that I did not even know were there and it continues to open up doors as long as I keep stepping towards the mark of the High Calling of God.
See, God guides my path and I have learned that when things don’t go my way it is STILL going God’s way.
When I think that a door has closed, I know that God is just repositioning me to walk through another door towards the path of my destiny.
I feel like preaching; can I get a hallelujah!
God has already pre-ordained your success so it WILL happen.
You just need to remember who you are and whose you are.
Sisters we have started the series, “Remember Who You Are”. Over the next few weeks we will be discovering who we are in Christ and returning to that goal, dream or vision that we have been too afraid to pursue. We will learn how to pick up our gift where we left it and go forth boldly, unapologetically and without compromise!
I love daily affirmations but sometimes we just need to return to the good ole’ book – the Bible – and remind ourselves exactly what God promises us.
This Week’s Homework
Here are some scriptures that you can repeat daily, post on your wall, stick on your mirror or fridge. The word of God never lies; remember who you are and what our God can do.
- “I know all the things you do, and I have opened a door for you that no one can close. You have little strength, yet you obeyed my word and did not deny me.” – Revelation 3:8(NLT)
- “Wherever you go and whatever you do, you will be blessed.” – Proverbs 28:6 (NLT)
- “Don’t put it off; do it now, don’t rest until you do”. – Proverbs 6:4 (NLT)
- “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me” – Philippians 4:13 (KJV)
- “Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.” – Philippians 4:6-8 (NLT)
- “Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,” –Ephesians 3:20(KJV)
- “Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart.” Psalms 37:4 (NIV)
- “Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much, and whoever is dishonest with very little will also be dishonest with much. So if you have not been trustworthy in handling worldly wealth, who will trust you with true riches?” – Luke 16: 10-11(NIV)
- “Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will”. – Romans 12:2 (NIV)
- “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” – Isaiah 41:10 (NIV)
- “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.” – Philippians 4:6 (NIV)
- “But remember the LORD your God, for it is he who gives you the ability to produce wealth, and so confirms his covenant, which he swore to your ancestors, as it is today.” – Deuteronomy 8:18 (NIV)
Thank you for joining me in this “Remember Who You Are” series. This will be an open dialogue between us so be sure to follow us on Instagram & Facebook to join in on the conversations. I will be doing Live videos throughout the week.
To keep up with all things Black, Beautiful and Blessed join our mailing list here